- How many hours am I expected to complete?
- How many internships do I need to complete?
- What do I need to turn in?
- Do I need to take the seminar the same semester as the internship?
- How do I find an internship? Will someone help me?
How many hours am I expected to complete?
Graduate students are expected to complete 150 hours per semester, and undergraduate students are expected to complete 100 hours per semester. Return to Top
How many internships do I need to complete?
Graduate students must complete two (2) semester long internships and undergraduates must complete one (1) semester long internship. Return to Top
What do I need to turn in?
Before your internship begins, you must turn in a completed internship agreement. You are responsible for sending monthly time sheets to your internship instructor, and communicating with your host regarding your evaluation (due to the internship instructor before the end of the semester). Return to Top
How do I find an internship? Will someone help me?
Internships are unique to each student. Your career goals and aspirations will not be the same as another students’. Consequently, it is your responsibility to find an internship that works for you! You can do this in several ways. First, search the CSU Career Center Handshake database. Host companies that connect the LEAP Institute are directed to post their available internships here.
- Click on “Students” and create an account, if necessaryClick on “Jobs” under “Explore” in left-hand menu bar
- Enter “LEAP” in the search box under “Label” (underneath “Location”, “Job Type”, and “Employment Type”)
Handshake is a great tool to become familiar with because not only do employers post internships here, but job opportunities as well! Second, contact companies that you are interested in learning from to see if they have available internships, or would be interested in taking on an intern.